Change Social Security to a Custom Amount When Spouse Dies

If I die before my wife she will be eligible for my Social Security via spouse benefit, but because she has a pension as a government employee her take of my Social Security benefit will be reduced by 2/3 of her pension. Is there any way to model this?

The best way to handle this is to force a switch in her Social Security and to not allow her to take yours.  In the screenshot below you can see how to set the changed amount to whatever she would receive once you are projected to pass away.


related articles